Mission & Goals
The Ohio Solid Organ Transplantation Consortium is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with solid organ failure who could benefit from an organ transplant.
Since 1984, the Ohio Solid Organ Transplantation Consortium, a non-profit organization comprised of all the solid organ transplant programs in the state of Ohio, has brought together transplant professionals dedicated to collaboration, data sharing and peer review to enhance the quality of transplant services in Ohio.
The following goals have been identified to assist the OSOTC in achieving its mission.
- Optimize utilization of the scarce resources currently available for transplant by carefully selecting patients listed for transplant.
- Improve and ensure transplant program quality excellence through peer review, evaluation and continuous improvement of standards, processes and effectiveness.
- Coordinate information sharing among its members by collecting, monitoring and analyzing statewide transplant data for the purposes of education and research.
- Foster excellence in transplantation by providing opportunities for professional growth through quality multi-disciplinary educational programs.
- Represent the needs of the patients and issues of importance to the transplant community to Ohio policy makers.